Please call the practice on 01539 715500 to book an appointment with a Practice Nurse or Health Care Assistant (HCA).
Practice nurses are available for:
- Asthma and COPD reviews
- Diabetes reviews
- Cardiovascular disease reviews
- Travel Vaccinations – see the travel advice section for more information
- Child and other vaccinations
- Well Woman Check – including smears, coil and pill checks.
- Spirometry Testing (Currently paused due to Covid 19 regulations)
Health care assistants are available for:
- Blood Tests – appointments are available in the mornings, with some available from 7.30am.
- B12 injections and flu vaccinations
- NHS Health Checks - a free health check available for adults aged 40-74 every five years
- Hypertension Reviews
- Family Planning Services – Dr Gemma Helme is available to fit and remove coils. We also provide contraception advice, depot injections and coil checks by appointment with Anna Denby, one of our practice nurses.
- Emergency Contraception – we provide emergency contraceptive advice here at the surgery, and several local pharmacies also provide this service free of charge.
- Maternity Care – our midwife holds a weekly ante-natal clinic on Wednesdays from 1pm by appointment. This is bookable via the Maternity Department at Furness General Hospital. Tel: 01229 403838. If you have found out you are pregnant, you can self-refer to Maternity here.
- Child vaccinations – by appointment with Anna Denby.
- Minor Injuries – we provide minor injury assessment and treatment services during normal working hours.
- Minor Surgery and Joint Injections – Dr Stuart Allan, Dr Mike Woodbridge and Dr David Morris carry out minor surgery and joint injections by appointment. Please arrange to discuss a possible procedure with Dr Allan, Dr Woodbridge or Dr Morris, who will then book you an appointment.
- Anticoagulation Clinics – for patients on warfarin, we provide an anticoagulation monitoring service. INR tests are carried out by appointment at the surgery. The follow up appointment will be arranged during your visit but if you need to re-arrange an appointment could you please contact the surgery. The District Nurses can undertake an INR check for any patient unable to get to the surgery due to medical reasons.
- Social Services and Carers – support can be accessed via the surgery.
- Stop Smoking Service – any patients wanting help to stop smoking can access this through the Well Pharmacy at the Health Centre, and also from other local pharmacies. A number of nicotine replacement and other treatments are available free of charge. Patients can self-refer to this service and do not need to see a practice doctor or nurse.
District Nurses, Health Visitors, Podiatry, Physiotherapy and some Mental Health Services are based at the Health Centre in Grange-over-Sands.